mardi 9 septembre 2014

Purpose of this blog

As of today, September 9th, 2014, I decided to create this blog to share my knowledge of Peoplesoft Development.

I have been working for more than 10 years since I graduated at the University of Sherbrooke (QC, Canada). I worked few years in different environments (DBA, Web Development, PLM) before jumping into the marvellous world of Peoplesoft. I firstly worked two years for a university before I started working as a consultant; I was assigned to different clients in the banking, education, IT & retail industries. Some were more organized than others, had a better understanding and proficiency with Peoplesoft and Peopletools, but I could always find weaknesses and bad practices.

Peoplebooks and other Peoplesoft documentation tools are a great source of information, but sometimes, they are not very helpful. I experimented this unpleasant experience when having to configure Integration Broker between two PS Environments, under pressure and without knowledge. With some good help from Oracle Support, I managed to make everything work, before I started to understand.

You might already know Jim Marion & Hakan Biroglu, who maintain two marvellous blogs, which are great source of information; by the way, Hakan Biroglu shared a great 80 pages PDF document on Integration Broker, which would have been very useful when I was under pressure ( http://hakanbiroglu.blogspot.ca/2013/01/integration-broker-basics-for.html#.Uz2qTPl5OT8 ). My intention is not to concurrence them, I know I wouldn't reach their ankle (see my documentation on IB : http://bjpsft.blogspot.ca/2012/04/my-integration-broker-experience.html ). I just want to share some of my work, some of my ideas, to show the world other possibilities in the Peoplesoft world.

 Julien

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire